Importance of flame spread rate study
- Most of the solids used in our day-to-day life are combustible in nature.
- For example, household furniture, packing material, building material and even thermal-acoustical insulation blankets of aircrafts.
- The study will help to understand the flame spread rate of these solids subjected to different conditions.
- The problem is of importance since it helps in the fire-safety considerations of these materials.
- Besides this, it is important to characterize the combustion over a solid fuel surface.
© Virtual Combustion and Atomization Lab, IIT Kanpur