- The paper is clamped between the two vertical metal strips.
- The paper holder can be rotated to a desired angle.
- Once the fuel is set at a desired angle, the ignition coil is brought into contact at the top edge of the fuel surface.
- Ensure that the ignition takes place uniformly at the contact edge.
- Experiment is conducted in an enclosed chamber with an escape passage for the exhaust gases.
- A high resolution video camera is used to acquire the images.
© Virtual Combustion and Atomization Lab, IIT Kanpur